1) I want to be competitive in the National Championship, shooting for a spot on the podium.
2) To be competitive, I need to prepare more than I did for a regional event.
3) There are others who have gone before me that I will listen to and follow, as opposed to creating a training program, myself. Diet, exercise, milestone management, etc, all require more skills and experience.
4) My natural athleticism is a liability and an asset. It is tempting to minimize my preparation and wait “till the end” to try hard. To counter this, I will prepare in such a way as to best use my time before the event.
5) I have long standing habits that need to get concurrently addressed to be competitive. I need to migrate towards consistent healthy eating, cardio and stretching.